: Sr. UNIX/Linux RHEL VMWare Server Administrator
: Overland Park, KS 66202-4247
: 6 Mos. Contract to Hire
: Commensurate with Experience up to 115K upon conversion
: Prefer W2 or 1099 (U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply).
Level of Experience
: 10+ Yrs.
: Manager of Server Operations
This is a senior level systems administrator position. This position is responsible for cost justifying new system purchases, implementing projects, leading projects, and for the analysis and repair of server and system problems. Responsibilities also include design, management, and maintenance of server Infrastructure.
Absolute Must Haves
- Server monitoring; baselines; disk usage; server tuning; testing of updates & service packs; anti-virus software installation and updates.
- Define and maintain Server operations processes and procedures
- Define and maintain Service and Operational Level Agreements and report compliance to management
- Define and maintain Server build standards and processes
- Define and maintain Disaster Recovery processes and procedures
- Technical consultant, representing server infrastructure in assigned projects.
- Assist Associate members and Service Desk Technicians with questions and problems.
- Keep abreast of technical changes that would benefit the Server Operations team.
- Strict adherence to policy, processes and change control.
- Update Server Operations Documentation as it pertains to assigned servers and services.
- Recommend and implement updates and upgrades.
- Take a leading role in regularly scheduled maintenance and upgrades to assigned servers
- Keep manager informed of work status, problems or potential problems.
- Continue education in an applicable area of the network.
- Participate in On-Call rotation
- Provide leadership to the Server Operations Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
: UNIX/Linux, RedHat, VMware, Knowledge of Storage Arrays (client is currently using EMC VNX & EMC Isilon)
Nice to Have:
- Requires 10+ years of UNIX/Linux server administration experience
- Associates Degree, comparable technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with public cloud hosting environments
- Experience with Solaris (moving away from Solaris) and RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating systems
- Experience scripting with Perl, Bash, and Python
- Experience with Apache, JBOSS, Weblogic, Tomcat Application Servers
- Experience with Oracle Database
- Experience with a reverse proxy systems
- Experience with Storage Arrays – EMC VNX (SAN block storage) and EMC Isilon (a scale out NAS platform for storage.)
- Experience in a VMware ESX environment
- Experience with system automation tools such as RedHat Satellite, Puppet, and Chef.
- Experience with highly available geographically diverse systems.
- Experience with Hadoop infrastructure.
- Ability to work directly with 3rd party service delivery partners for successful infrastructure deployment and operations.
- Good self-direction and follow-through
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Certifications in either RedHat (ex: RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), VMWare (ex: VCA, VCP, VCAP)
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.