: Sr. Network Security Engineer
: Kansas City, KS 66109
: 6 Month Contract to Hire (Could be Perm for the right fit)
: W2 or 1099
: $97,945 - $125,000
We have an immediate need for a Sr. Network Security Engineer
with our client located in Kansas City due to growth. This individual will be expected to interact with the Server/Storage, Network, Security and Application Development teams daily and must be able to effectively communicate the “how’s/why’s” behind the security decisions made, the position description below:
Core work hours are 8am - 5pm, no travel required, excellent benefits and relocation assistance provided, the position description below:
Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining computer and information security systems for protecting the utility's LAN, WAN, intranet, extranet, Smart Grid, and other data communications networks. Will support, maintain, and mature the incident response and threat intelligence program which includes incident response, attack and threat analysis and analytics, education, and consulting. Will interface with other teams across the company to ensure compliance with internal and applicable 3rd
party policies, best practices, and standards. Generate program and risk metrics and ensure project deliverable's are met in a timely manner.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 6 years current experience working with enterprise information technology systems with an emphasis on security.
- Must have a deep understanding of the operations of firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, antivirus, web filtering, end point protection, and knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems, as well as common protocols and ports.
- Previous experience of log monitoring and event correlation of firewalls, IPS, IDS and server event logs is very important.
- Candidate must be well organized, highly skilled in the areas of oral and written communication and can work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization while explaining and elaborating on technical details.
- Ability to develop, follow and enforce security practices.
- High degree of knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, & Group Policy.
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols.
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security, Technology, and utility operations fields.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts.
- Working knowledge of NERC CIP, NIST, and PCI standards.
- Security certification such as CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA, SSCP, CheckPoint CCSA or CCSE
Will be accountable for the following:
- Experience with Checkpoint firewalls
- Experience with of F5 BigIP LTM, ASM and APM
- Knowledge of Windows OS and Linux/UNIX security
- Understanding of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists or other Firewall or Router configuration experience
- Possess thorough understanding of TCP/IP, network protocols, packet analysis, hacking techniques, principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks
- Previous experience with Web Filtering, Firewall & IDS/IPS monitoring
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- Develop and implement network security standards, procedures, and processes
- Ensure optimal system performance by designing, implementing and maintaining system configuration (i.e. firewalls, servers, F5, and other security tools, etc.). Responsibilities include debugging, configuring, tuning, or changing system parameters
- Work cross-functionally within company and with outside vendors to coordinate updates to technology to meet current and long-term business needs
- 3rd tier support for all security tools included but not limited to firewalls, IPS, IDS, Multi-Factor Authentication, SSO, Anti-Virus, Content Filtering, SPAM filtering, etc.
- Monitor logs/reports from servers, firewalls, intrusion detection, network traffic, Email, Internet usage, access administration, for unusual or suspicious activity/violations, interprets activity, and recommends plans for resolution
- Perform vulnerability scans and report findings to appropriate departments
- Perform incident response
- Provide security support/recommendations for IT projects
- Develop security diagrams, reports, policies, and User Awareness training
- Research security vulnerabilities, issues, and new solutions.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.