Sr. Software Engineer / Cloud Architect
: Kansas City, MO 64105
Direct Hire / Perm
Commensurate with Sr. Level Architectural Experience
: Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Level of Experience
: 6+ Years in Software Development
We are looking for a talented and motivated Software Architect who has a passion for building an exceptional solution that delivers and fulfills the needs of the customer. Your responsibilities will be centered around team collaboration, and customer interaction to pinpoint the future direction of the DisruptOps platform. Fast, collaborative, learners with a history of problem solving to win will succeed at DisruptOps.
DisruptOps – Cloud Security & Response Automation Platform
We enable security and development teams to fix cloud security findings faster. Knowing a problem exists is important, but until that finding is fixed, the risk remains. Move from knowing about a problem to fixing it by working together easily inside the workflow tools you work in today (Slack | Teams | Jira).
Picture Of Success
Successful Software Architects at DisruptOps are mission driven, adaptable, and committed to adding value in every interaction. We work as a team – even though we are remote – exceed customer expectations, are coachable and adaptable, and always pushing ourselves to new heights.
What would you do?
What skills do you need?
- Continuously deliver customer value through delivery of software features
- Collaborate with the Product Team, help define roadmap
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional agile software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, etc.)
- Initiate, execute, and close out software architecture and development tasks and projects on time and budget
- Work with a team implementing new features and supporting current services/applications.
- Work on hard problems; design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services and applications
- Provide leadership in systems architecture, delivery flow, coding techniques,
- Facilitate good architecture and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices
- Prepare software documentation
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
Experience delivering Serverless solutions, including using Serverless.com, CloudFormation, AWS SAM (Serverless Application Model), AWS Lambda, Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Service), Amazon SQS (Simple Queue Service) and Amazon Kinesis for ingesting large volumes of data.
Education and Work Experience
- AWS Professional-level certification preferred
- Startup experience (preferred)
- Ability to build, deploy, and maintain a software application in the cloud consisting of both real time and event-based services
- Oversee application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
- Implementation of both relational and non-relational databases in software applications
- Have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Apply best practices regarding Security and Scalability
- Should have expertise on IaC (Infrastructure as Code) to be able to setup CI/CD pipelines.
- Should have experience in setting up (deploying), maintaining and evolving the cloud infrastructure of Web Applications
- 6+ years of software development required.
- Formal software development training across multiple platforms and languages
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science (preferred)
- Startup experience (preferred)