Senior Software Developer (.NET)
Location: Overland Park, KS
Duration: 6 month contract-to-hire
Compensation: $100K - $120K base
Looking for an experienced developer with a mix of both front and backend development experience. This individual needs to have enough experience to mentor team members working on all aspects of development with varying levels ability.
Key skills to be successful in this role is strong development experience in C#, .NET, and SQL Server.
The Senior Software Developer will assist in the engineering, programming, and implementation of critical applications at a fast-growing company. This is a new role due to growth.
- Mentoring more junior developers on design patterns and development best practices
- Translating software requirements into responsive web-based applications, and services including writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and supporting
- Participation in project planning sessions with technical and functional leads, business analysts and other team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
- Participation in design reviews by providing input to the design recommendations; incorporating security requirements into the design; and providing input to data flow
- Participate and lead code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned with architectural specifications and identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues and anti-patterns
- Minimum 4 years of software development and/or web development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences using written, verbal, and diagrammatic means
- Experience with C#, .NET, SQL Server (experience with NoSQL, Azure PaaS, Angular 2+ would be a bonus)
- Experience with OAuth, SAML, Azure Active Directory, and federated identity preferred
- Experience with Agile processes (Scrum and Kanban) preferred
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Understanding of SDLC processes, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build and test automation, and release management
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience using version control software such as GIT
- Some working knowledge of Azure PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS along with upcoming trends in the cloud space
- Experience with enterprise service buses and integration brokers/middleware
- Familiarity with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and micro services
This position is open due to growth, our client is adding headcount. This company offers excellent benefits and matches $0.50 to every $1.00 up to 10% of your annual income and they also have an IRA. Holidays include 7 paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th
of July), Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
There is also an "Incentive Exchange" which means each quarter, a Team Member may earn one "incentive exchange" credit that equals 10 hours to use at their discretion.
They also offer internal professional development (local conferences, Agile training, etc.)