Electric Utility Senior Systems Analyst
The position is responsible for professional work in analyzing, planning, and developing complex electric and water utility operational applications and systems solutions. The incumbent must be highly skilled with technical experience in the assimilation and specialized processing of utility operational systems and processes. Work involves analysis, modification, and development of utility operational computer applications and systems. The incumbent will focus on delivering projects that satisfy business requirements at an agreed upon cost and schedule and identifies appropriate resources needed. He or she directs activities of the project deliverables and communicates with the appropriate team leads or managers, and coordinates the activities of the team by becoming familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member. The position’s role is to work with little direct supervision.
MINIMAL EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field. 5-10 years demonstrated work experience in the Electric Utility industry.
- Incumbent must possess strong working knowledge of Operational Technology (OT) systems of an electric and water utility.
- Must possess working knowledge of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) smart metering systems and applications such as Honeywell/Elster, Tantalus, Aclara, Itron or other AMI systems; Siemens, Itron, uCentra, Oracle or other Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS).
- Must possess working knowledge of asset and work management systems and applications such as IBM Maximo, Avantis, Tenna, Cascade, and TMW Fleet Maintenance.
- Must possess working knowledge of Outage Management Systems (OMS) and applications such as Schneider, Milsoft, PSE, ACS or other OMS, with Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
- Must possess working knowledge of GIS mapping systems and applications such as ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCad Map 3D, ENVI, or Mapinfo.
- Must possess working knowledge of mobile dispatch solutions
- Must possess working knowledge of utility plant accounting systems
- Possessing a working knowledge of utility electric power generation operations and services is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excel at meeting deadlines
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, analytical, and possess customer service focus skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and SharePoint
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- MS Visio experience a plus