The individual in this position provides financial planning and investment advice to clients, both individuals and businesses; assists clients to maintain a good balance of investment earnings, assets and an acceptable risk level; provides regarding financial investments such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other investment strategies.
Required Experience and Education
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 3-5 years in relevant position or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires licensing for Kansas Life and Health, Series 66 and Series 7. CPA and/or CFP highly preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Discusses and evaluates the financial, investment and retirement needs of each client.
- Provides the most ideal advice to a client depending on the client’s stated short and long term financial goals, financial needs and current financial situation.
- Explains the types of financial services available and educates regarding options and potential risks.
- Offers the best possible asset management advice.
- Advises clients on how best they can fund specific projects and/or future financial needs, such as college, retirement or asset purchases.
- Assures that the willingness of a client towards a specific investment decision is complimented by a clear understanding of the risks involved.
- Helps the client balance the acquisition of assets against the need to meet day to day expenses.
- Monitor client accounts and determine if changes are needed to improve performance or accommodate changes.
- Travels to other offices as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Ability to research products and procedures
- Excellent understanding of financial planning concepts in areas such as cash flow planning, retirement planning, investment analysis, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, income and estate tax, insurance and risk management strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client service oriented
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to demonstrate a proven record of acting in the best interests of the investor/client
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and good judgment when interacting with colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Ability to work well with others
Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. There may be occasional extra hours to meet client needs, as well as travel to other offices.