Full Stack Developer
Location: 100% remote opportunity, must be in Kansas City when required (Kansas City, MO)
Rate: $36hr - $46hr on a W2/hourly basis / $42hr - $54hr on a 1099 basis
Duration: 6+ months
This position is within a custom software development organization. Candidates will work closely with other engineers, principal consultants, and various client contacts such as stakeholders, architects, business analysts and management.
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop custom web & mobile software for client needs.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and provide technical and software solutions using a diverse mix of cutting-edge technologies.
- Perform research, present analysis, and provide recommendations about system and software architecture improvements.
- Break down complex requirements into clear, actionable tasks which can be estimated and completed.
- Develop and document design, functional, and behavioral specifications for systems and software
- Gather, compile, and synthesize information regarding technology and processes.
- Configure data sources in software to execute functional and business solutions
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users/team members in complex topics, making/giving presentations.
- Write program documentation and user operations guidelines and advise operations engineers about the proper behavior of the software.
- Be capable of continually improving skill set relevant to business and technical missions with minimal oversight. Must take initiative, negotiate with project management, and execute successfully on plans.
- Able to participate in agile team practices; reflect honestly on own performance, participate in shared team accountability, recommend changes for team improvement
- Writes unit tests and integration tests as part of a normal development practice.
- Experience with mainstay language(s) such as: Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Swift
- Understanding of web protocols & browser behaviors
- Experience with front-end and server-side programming in various languages
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques in web software
- Have experience with developing for iOS or Android
- Have familiarity in any of Ionic Framework, TypeScript, NodeJS, Serverless, Angular, React
- Have familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), particularly Lambda and API Gateway. AWS Certification(s) preferred.
- Experience with writing secure code, working with security mitigation's and technologies