Supply Chain Specialist / Entry-level role, they will train
Location: Kansas City, MO
Duration: 6 - 9 month contract-to-hire opportunity
First, they will train someone for this role if you have strong problem identification and analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication skills, MS Excel knowledge preferred. Must be a self-manager with ability to balance, manage, prioritize, and communicate workload and a team player (multiple internal/external interfaces).
Looking for an individual that can work in a fast-paced environment, that’s reliable, willing to learn, and excels in a collaborative culture. This is an excellent opportunity to work an Enterprise Systems team as a Supply Chain Specialist where on the job training will be provided. Requires a proactive and “go getter” attitude. This resource will provide support for Enterprise System needs for the procurement team with systems/applications to support annual spend and management of $2b in products/supplies. This role with serve as the Enterprise System consultant for our client’s vendor partner community
- Maintain data in Enterprise Technology System, including item, vendor, vendor contract, vendor pricing and vendor freight data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with Category Manager partners and Vendor Partners to ensure data is processed clearly, accurately and on-time.
- Provide Enterprise System navigation and item/freight import training to new and existing vendor partners.
- Responsible for weekly data audits related to FOB pricing and freight to ensure data quality.
Sourcing and Post Bid Analysis Support
- Execute Vendor Mutual Confidentiality Agreement and Rules of Engagement contracts
- Partner with Category Manager to verify accuracy of completed key contract documents. Upload and file documents within 5 business days of receipt.
- Partner with Category Managers to tailor project setup in RFP bidding software to optimize award output and maximize project clarity and ease of use for bidding vendors
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and consultant, tailoring Sourcing projects to optimize award output, maximize project content & clarity and ease of use for internal and external users. This includes but is not limited to redistribution (KINEXO), forward DC freight data, 3PL data and supplier-specific formula pricing.
- Responsible for the procurement of specification documentation for Sourcing projects
- Procure other critical documentation for Sourcing projects (volume reports (updated to capture recent DC transitions), relevant contract templates, baseline freight data, new supplier MCAROEs, etc.).
- Manage real-time response tracking, working with Suppliers to ensure bid data is represented accurately
- Work with Project owner to review bid data and determine next steps for the project (additional round or optimization)
- Responsible for the setup of default and custom scenarios in Sourcing Optimization tool
- Develop process documentation for the various processes used by the Supply Chain Specialist team.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings and special projects, providing SCS perspective on a project or new process’ impact on the Enterprise Technology System data integrity.
- Experience in Procurement/Supply Chain preferred
- Experience in food service/chain restaurant preferred
- Education: B.A. or B.S. degree, ideally in Business or Information Technology