Under general supervision, the Agency Assistant provides support to the Agency Manager and staff to ensure smooth operation of the Agency Department. The position may provide in-depth assistance on a number of functions or may coordinate a wide variety of activities ranging from processing applications and setting up new Agent files to reviewing monthly Agent policy reporting. In all cases, the position must be able to work independently.
Communication, organization and customer service skills are required to provide the support necessary of the position. The Agency Assistant must also have sound decision making and problem solving skills to independently resolve situations covered by established guidelines.
Performs secretarial and clerical functions such as: typing correspondence, maintaining files, coordinating Agent communications (Constant Contact), answering telephones, processing mail, ordering supplies, and paying bills.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Process new agent application packages for multiple service providers. Set up workflows for new agents and assist with AgentTRAX set up.
- Maintain tracking system for application processing.
- Notify Agents of new claims, obtain agent file on behalf of claims.
- Prepare and process various types of contract amendments.
- Apply customer payments as required, assist with ePay/eRemit support and management
- Train and support agents on the use of our AgentTrax system used by our customers.
- Work with Agents to correct monthly account discrepancies.
- Manage Policy Corrections
- Respond to Agent requests and inquiries.
- Maintain file records.
- Prepare/create reports.
- Provide assistance to Agency Manager and Account Managers.
- Order Virtual inventory for Agents.
- Maintain and update E&O Insurance and Agent Licenses.
- Coordinate and manage event planning (Agency seminars etc.)
- Issuing old policies and endorsements as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to efficiently and creatively solve problems.
- Pro-active with willingness to take responsibility and ask questions.
- Self-starter must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Constant Contact experience a plus.
- Ability to perform basic bookkeeping, math functions.
- Highly flexible and dependable individual with strong organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and demonstrate high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work well with deadlines and pressure.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be a Team player.
- Understand company policies and procedures.
Experience working with legal documents helpful.
Ability to sort and retain large quantity of information.