: Manager, Infrastructure Services
2301 McGee, Kansas City, MO 64108 OR
: Direct Hire / Perm
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 400 partners, 2000 legal professionals and 3600 staff in over 55 offices across six continents. Its core global sectors position it at the heart of global trade and commerce: insurance, trade & commodities, energy, transport and infrastructure. With a strong emerging markets focus, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 12% over the last five years, making it one of the fastest growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
Our achievements were recognized in 2016, when we were awarded the accolade of Law Firm of the Year by The Lawyer. This award is one of the most sought-after in the industry as it recognizes the firm that has performed most strongly on a number of measures including; strong leadership and strategic vision, strong financial management and growth, talent management and workplace development and client innovation.
Our vision is to be our clients first choice for complex, multi-jurisdictional matters in our chosen sectors by investing in our core practice areas in chosen locations, serving an international client base and build a network of offices in key trading zones. Our key focus is also to become the “go to” firm in emerging markets, running ourselves professionally by attracting and developing the best people.
The Manager, Infrastructure Services is a member of the Global Information Technology organization, serving in a leadership role. Works across the department and other business functions to drive the methodology, architecture, and capabilities designed to enable high performance across all of Clyde & Co.’s business functions. The incumbent manages the infrastructure services team by carrying out the strategic priorities of the organization while developing complimentary goals and strategies for his/her team. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the development and review of all standard operating procedures and best practices within their team’s “run book” pertaining to their scope while managing the technical ecosystem, globally.
This role can be located anywhere Clyde & Co. operates and collaborates with other managers, Global Heads of technologies, the Chief Technology Officer and the CIO, but is currently based in London. We are especially open to this sitting in Kansas City, MO where the Global CIO and CTO reside.
- EMBODIES GLOBAL IT LEADERSHIP GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- TEAM LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT
- PROJECT DELIVERY & EXECUTION OVERSIGHT
- TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE & SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE
Qualifications & Experience
- Responsible for operational and projects delivery capability for global infrastructure.
- This includes planning, directing, and coordinating a globally distributed infrastructure team to ensure the firm's IT systems operate to agreed levels of security, availability, capacity, and performance.
- Also responsible for managing infrastructure solution design, budget, assets and licenses, vendors and suppliers.
- The successful candidate in this role will lead and drive a culture of delivery, agility, decisiveness, collaboration, and accountability.
The ideal candidate is comfortable and competent as a manager of people and can balance the need to track the details that make things happen while always keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Noah.meyer@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Minimum 10 years as technology manager
- At least 3+ years managing an entire infrastructure team, including other managers and an operational and project budget.
- Proven experience in directly managing and developing subordinate managers and teams.
- Experience in successfully working with a global distributed team
- Excellent written communication, including ability to summarize, frame, and present information in a business consumable manner for senior leaders and boards
- Highly influential with peers and effectively manages up, to collaborate and deliver goals aligned with the IT strategy
- Ability to manage:
- Complex relationships (indirect, senior leader, peer)
- Expectations (move faster, lower budget, deliver better results)
- Benchmarking to evolve methodology and standards
- Customer/client expectations against realities of capacity, skillset, etc.
- Experience managing third party vendor relationships.
- Direct experience with implementation and support of infrastructure solutions for office sites, server rooms, co-location facilities, private and public cloud, and remote workers.
- Degree in Computer Science or related degree is preferred.
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.