Sr. SQL Server DBA
6950 W 56th St, Mission, KS 66202
Support database servers and data processing products across the enterprise. This role will have primary responsibility for maintaining and supporting all Production/QA/development database servers along with database development to support the business. The Data Services team provides support for departmental reporting, enterprise reporting, software development, and data warehouse initiatives. This role will participate in on-call and off hour deployment rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Install, Configuring, Patching and Upgrading SQL Server Database Servers
- Performance Tuning and Query Optimization using native SQL Server tools
- Monitor and support High Availability Database server including Availability Groups and Replication.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues impacting production databases.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
- Create functions and stored procedures to provide custom functionality as per the requirements.
- Ad-hoc query generation using T-SQL
- Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Participate in development and creation of Data warehouses.
- Participate in discussions involving the application creation and understand the requirements and provide the back-end functionality for the applications.
- Other duties may be assigned
This role has a potential to have direct reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality of information, and communicate and work effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience in SQL Server Database Administration (2012/2016)
- Experience managing SQL Server Availability Groups (Always On High Availability)
- Experience with Redgate SQL monitor and Redgate toolset
- Strong SQL coding skills (SQL Server/T-SQL), including stored procedures.
- Experience with SSIS.
- Experience with data modeling including normalization, logical and physical designs.
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, DBCC commands, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching, statistics, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, SSMS, DMVs, and system stored procedures
- Database Security
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience with PowerBI a plus
- Experience with KingswaySoft SSIS Integration Toolkit is a plus
- Data Warehouse experience a plus