The Senior Network Security Engineer will design, implement and maintain computer and information security systems for protecting the utility's local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, Smart Grid, and other data communications networks. This includes, incident response, attack and threat analysis and analytics, education, and consulting. Interface with other teams to ensure compliance with internal and applicable third-party policies, best practices, and standards. Generate program and risk metrics and ensure project deliverables are met in a timely manner.
This is a close-knit collaborative team working across the department acting as a partner to gain agreement through sharing strategies and coaching to influence when the answer is yes we can, or no we can’t. Some one who is willing to wear multiple hats supporting the team wherever they are needed. This company offers a casual work environment, standard 8-5 with very little requirements after hours. When there is an incident of course it’s all hands-on deck.
You will stand out if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 + years’ experience enterprise information technology systems with a emphasis on security
- Ability to develop, follow and enforce security practices
- High degree of knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, & Group Policy
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security, Technology, and utility operations fields
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- Working knowledge of NERC CIP, NIST, and PCI standards
- Security certification such as CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA, SSCP, CheckPoint, CCSA or CCSE
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Elise.Hebert@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Experience with Checkpoint firewalls
- Experience with of F5 BigIP LTM, ASM and APM
- Knowledge of Windows OS and Linux/UNIX security
- Understanding of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists or other Firewall or Router configuration experience
- Possess thorough understanding of TCP/IP, network protocols, packet analysis, hacking techniques, principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks
- Previous experience with Web Filtering, Firewall & IDS/IPS monitoring
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security