Duration: Full Time / Direct-Hire
Location: Overland Park, KS
Salary: $80K - $120K
The BI Developer will join the Data and Reporting team to help implement our vision for a modern enterprise data and reporting platform using the Microsoft technology stack. The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have a passion for data and science, and be familiar with concepts by Codd, Kimball, Inmon, Edward Tufte, and Stephen Few. The candidate should be driven to continuously learn and improve.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Build ad-hoc, canned, and self-service reports and dashboards that expose key business insights.
- Develop ETL applications for moving and transforming data across our data environments.
- Write and optimize OLTP and OLAP database queries
- A Computer Science related degree or five or more years of experience in business intelligence development.
- Be proficient in at least two of the following software packages: Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), or Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Experience writing complex set based T-SQL queries working in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience optimizing SQL queries by analyzing query plans and effectively using indexes.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical team members.
- Knowledge of DAX or MDX is a plus.
- Participation in the SQL PASS community is a plus.