Our client is a locally owned Overland Park-based small company, who values initiative, training, and growth. They are a Managed Services company focused on cloud-based solutions and are looking for a customer-focused engineer.If working for a leader who has grown his company through being a servant leader sounds like your next role, let's talk.
The System Engineer provides post-sales support to customers ranging from managing hardware to fully managed solutions encompassing the following technologies: VPN, advanced router protocols, firewall management, physical and virtual backup systems management, and hosting, server architecture, VMware, Citrix VDI, Nutanix. As well as coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting customers. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
This is a customer focused, hands on role in which the System Engineer II will be expected to handle and resolve customer issues. This specific role is for a resource with a strong background in networking and security. This role will be a part of the Tier 2/3 escalation team and will have a work shift consisting of Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST (minimum).
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Elise.Hebert@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows / UNIX /Linux based environments.
- 2 Current Vendor Certifications with 1 from the following list: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, VMWare Certified Professional, Nutanix Certified Professional, Citrix Certified Associate- Virtualization
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure, VMware or Nutanix.
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef).
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PS, shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Must possess strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Experience within a Managed Service environment.
- Able to deal with challenging customer and staffing issues in a professional and supportive manner and to see these through to resolution and/or escalation.
- Ability to work within a team, both in-person and virtual media outlets for remote contacts.