Looking for an experienced Java Developer with Oracle experience. Experience with Salesforce or JD Edwards would be a big plus.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting complex enterprise applications. Working individually or on a team, this individual will perform software development, software quality assurance, and application integration functions by applying the principles and best practices of software engineering and mathematical analysis. Typical duties of the position include analyzing, designing, and developing software systems with their specifications and performance requirements; and transferring knowledge to other IT teams, including the HelpDesk and Support Services who will perform tier 1 type of support.
- Provide full life cycle support for code changes in the production environment and develop new extensions to existing platform according to the principles and techniques of software engineering and based on functional specifications and technical designs developed by themselves or by more experienced engineers.
- Design, develop, and implement interfaces between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems and a core ERP system; and collaborate with other engineers to integrate hardware and software according to specifications and performance requirements.
- Conduct tests to diagnose and address application issues, and ensure applications conform to fundamental application standards and meet the requirements of the end user.
- Create and update technical documents relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures for each product developed. This documentation would also cover the installation and maintenance of application software as well as guidelines and standards to follow.
- Lead software design reviews and provide input on functional requirements and technical designs.
- Document software and application defects in the bug tracking system, and report defects to other IT teams and business stakeholders.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging trends, principles and best practices, and tools and techniques affecting the software industry and our business operation.
- Minimum of 5 years of Java Development experience.
- Prefer experience designing, developing and integrating complex enterprise applications such as ERP’s, CRM’s, and other key business systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following systems is preferred: Oracle (JD Edwards 9.1 or higher, VCP/ASCP, APCC, Demantra, or OTM), EDI, DSI or Salesforce
- Experience in the use of SQL.
- Oracle experience is required.
- Experience designing and implementing SaaS based applications preferred.
- Windows 7/10, VMWare, MS Office Applications