: Microsoft Dynamics GP Enterprise Software Engineer
: Leawood, KS 66211
: Direct Hire / Perm
Exempt W2 (U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. No 3rd Parties or C2C / We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Our client is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for the healthcare industry and other vocational fields. They are renowned for delivering solutions that result in higher-performing student results at a lower cost, from nursing to allied health and fitness training to OSHA compliance training to finance and insurance. Our client employs more than 1200 employees in 35 states. Customers range from schools of nursing to institutions of higher education, corporate health and wellness organizations and major Fortune 500 insurance companies.
Do you enjoy being part of a collaborative team that develops innovative solutions to complex problems? Do you want to use your skills and experience to design and implement process improvements within a company utilizing new technologies?
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer
with financial operations and Microsoft Dynamics GP
experience to join their Enterprise Applications team within IT in the Leawood, KS office. This individual will work as part of an Agile team performing various engineering tasks including GP system enhancements, platform upgrades, new solution or plugin implementations, development supporting integrations with other systems, and ongoing maintenance. These are high visibility projects that touch many aspects of our Client's business.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Implement and enhance the suite of Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP applications and 3rd party add-ons to enable the grow of our Client’s business
- Advocate and encourage the utilization of the Microsoft Dynamics GP applications and its feature/functionality to all business units
- Work as part of cross-functional business & technical teams to design scalable solutions to complex problems
- Develop requirements definitions as necessary to be used to develop custom applications to meet business process requirements that cannot be met using the existing Microsoft Dynamics GP application
- Participate in the evaluation of new solutions to meet business requirements
- Design integration interfaces between Microsoft Dynamics GP and various source systems of financial transactions
- Analyze and resolve complex issues regarding application functionality
- Analyze and resolve complex data integrity issues
- Provide help-desk support for business applications questions and support issues as needed
- Develop functional and technical knowledge of other complimentary financial systems that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP, such as Hyland Perceptive and Nortridge Loan Software, to assist in help-desk support
- Develop test plans for use in piloting and testing new applications and version upgrades
- Develop and deliver applications training for end users
- Work with Platform Analysts/Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Develop effective presentations to describe the potential uses and benefits of business processes enabled by using the enterprise applications
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting to support production issues and participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments and be willing to support deployments outside of normal working hours.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- 5-7 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials (GL, AR, AP), SOP, Inventory, Fixed Assets, SQL server setup & application server setup
- 3+ years completing full software development life cycle from developing a detailed roadmap to roadmap implementation using agile principles.
- Understanding and experience in an agile-based development methodology or similar formal methodologies.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures. Experience working in a finance or accounting department preferred.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Dynamics GP in a multi-user environment.
- Experience with integration tools and 3rd party add-on modules
- Experience using GP customization tools
- Experience with various reporting tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Writer, Management Reporter & Power BI
- Skilled at translating business requirements into technical designs and vice versa.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Comfortable communicating with both business and engineering leaders.
- Experience in mentoring other technical resources in developing software solutions
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Dynamics GP Certification preferred
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.