DESCRIPTION Our Test Automation Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for an ambitious and communicative, hands-on individual who is comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, has experience working in a dynamic environment, and who has the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a member of the Engineering organization, the Test Automation Engineer will serve a critical role in delivering the best quality product. This person will understand and drive API, Integration, Data Validation Testing, and Production Testing/Monitoring through cutting-edge technologies and innovative quality solutions. This person should be comfortable with manual testing and hands-on automation at all levels of the SDLC from API, Integration, and GUI perspectives and can start coding today.
● Consult with developers and product managers within the scrum team on software and system design in order to facilitate manual test cases and associated test automation.
● Write and execute consumable manual test cases and reporting defects.
● Enhance, extend, and maintain manual test cases and test automation libraries and frameworks.
● Solve complex automation challenges and work on complex projects with minimal supervision.
● Develop libraries of reusable test code modules or functions.
● Design and develop automated API, Integration, Regression and Load/Performance test programs or scripts.
● Be an advocate! Work with scrum teams and QE Lead to establish and promote QA best practices, standards and processes, following Agile’s “whole team approach” to software development.
● Help build and maintain test data and environments.
● Work with development team with automation needs within the Jenkins pipeline.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a technical field, or equivalent experience
● 4+ years of software automation or software development experience
● Recent, demonstrable experience building and maintaining automated test suites
● Must be willing/able to learn Python, PostgreSQL, Selenium Webdriver, Postman, Robot-Framework, and Jenkins (previous experience a plus)
● Preferred experience with JIRA, Confluence, and TM4J
● Understanding of agile QA concepts, practices, processes and tools
● A passion for delivering high quality products to clients
● Excellent communication, time management, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
● Must be a self-starter, outstanding team player, and results-oriented with a strong desire to learn and grow technically as a member of a quality engineering team
● Skilled navigating conflict and differing opinions
● Experience in CI/CD environments a plus