We are seeking a SQL Server DBA\Developer to work within our Data Services team. You will help support data processing products and services across. This role will share responsibility for maintaining and supporting all Production/QA/development database servers along with database development to support the business. The Database team provides support for departmental reporting, development team and data warehouse initiatives. This role will participate in on-call and off hour deployment rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following.
- Install, Configuring, Patching and Upgrading SQL Server Database Servers
Other Skills and Abilities
- Performance Tuning and Query Optimization using native SQL Server tools
- Monitor and support High Availability Database server including Availability Groups and Replication.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues impacting production databases.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
- Create functions and stored procedures to provide custom functionality as per the requirements.
- Ad-hoc query generation using T-SQL
- Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Participate in development and creation of Data warehouses.
- Participate in discussions involving the application creation and understand the requirements and provide the back-end functionality for the applications.
- Experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2008/2016)
- Strong SQL coding skills (SQL Server/T-SQL), including stored procedures.
- Experience with data modeling including normalization, logical and physical designs.
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, DBCC commands, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, DMVs, and system stored procedures
- Windows Server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc.)
- Database Security
- Technical documentation skills