View all jobs
Project ManagerLee's Summit, Missouri · Computer/Software
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience at building a Program / Project Manager on IT Data Center, Cloud, software development, or large enterprise software projects
- Experience in delivering large and complex software / Infrastructure programs
- Demonstrated leadership skills by doing large stake holder presentations and c-level communication meetings
- Experience with Project management applications such as MS Project, EXCEL, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Experience with cloud services (Amazon Web Services a plus), Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban), and IT infrastructure strongly desired
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of program and project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools including MS Project
- Proven experience in AGILE software development methodologies
- Excellent organizational, technical leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in customer facing project management roles
- Lead the planning and implementation of cloud migrations and related projects for customers multiple project teams and internal teams
- Work with stakeholders to gather and manage the business requirements application migrations from on premise data centers to cloud environments.
- Manages and communicates detailed project plans, manages communication cadence and drives the team to meet tight deadlines
- Analyzes issues and develops viable solutions; and directs the work of internal and external resources as well as with our customers.
- Ensures projects are completed timely and within budget as well as keep track of costs for each project
- Build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Determine and coordinate the sharing of resources among various projects to the overall benefit of the company.
- Implement processes consistent with Project Management Professional (PMP) and AGILE best practices
- Facilitate the definition of program scope, goals, and deliverables
- Capture overall program resource requirements and manage resource allocation
- Oversee the tracking and execution of program deliverable using Jira and AGILE software tools
- Constantly monitor, track and report on progress of the project / program and communicate the status on regular cadence
- Present project progress, issues and mitigation to all stakeholders and lead complex technical discussions
- Proactively identify potential issues and propose mitigation plans or alternative solutions
- Written and oral communication skills – ability to communicate technical concepts and support assertions with data
- Organizational skills – ability to coordinate and prioritize many issues simultaneously
- Analytical/Problem solving ability – ability to quickly evaluate an issue, resolve it or implement a workaround with consistent accuracy and success
- “Can do” attitude and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere