Looking for an experienced Plant Manager for a large facility in food manufacturing. This is supporting one of the six plants throughout the United States. A well run family owned company.
Direct site manufacturing operations (quality, production, maintenance, safety and warehouse / shipping, safety, training) through a team of managers and supervisors. Take care of the people, partners, processes, & productivity. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the quality of products, safety of employees and efficiency of manpower, materials and machines. Drive policies and programs which guide the organization. A hands on professional who leads by example; sets expectations; instills quality and excellence on the manufacturing floor; measures performance to plan; drives results; inspires, motivates and mentors 100 + employees (multi-shifts).
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
* Lead, inspire, motivate, & mentor managers at manufacturing facilities to ensure quality, safety and production in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and cost effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
* Lead production efforts and coordinate with Supply Chain Management, Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
* Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas.
* Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
* Manage & support policy and deployment in the areas of employee involvement, cost reduction, on-time work order completion, safety, customer satisfaction.
* Owner and driver for all plant metrics and results.
* Identify, communicate, and drive implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
* Manage compliance with state and federal agencies.
* Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
* Responsible to follow established procedures to ensure safe, quality food, meeting all governmental regulations.
* Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing supervision and management, preferably in the food industry.
* Inspire, lead, motivate, and appreciate team members to work collectively & collaboratively in a team environment and contribute to company goals.
* Demonstrated personnel leadership with solid management skills. Ability to oversee and lead a large cross functional team is a must.
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience in managing schedules and budget.
* Experience working in a GMP environment, establishing best practices and operation procedures.
* Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
* Ability to use specifications, directions for processing or complicated drawings, advanced machine drawings, advanced applied mathematics and handbook formulas.
* Requires a thorough knowledge of mechanical and / or electrical principles along with efficiency studies.