: Informatica ETL Developer
: Kansas City, MO 64111
: 2-5 Year Consulting Engagement
: Commensurate with Experience (30-40/hr. range)
: Prefer W2 or 1099 - No Corp to Corp with 3rd Parties
My company, Covenant Consulting is in an exclusive partnership with the company that was awarded a major exclusive multi-year technology modernization effort with a beloved brand in KC. We are now seeking the strongest data talent in the entire region to fill several roles. I'm looking for 2 strong ETL developers with Informatica background OR possibly strong SQL background willing to learn Informatica.
• Informatica ETL experience is PREFERRED. Can train someone strong in SQL.
• Skilled in warehouse development using either Kimball or Inmon methods. Both are buzz words describing the approach and methods used to build dimensional models.
• A key responsibility for this candidate will be to facilitate the creation of process for fast ingestion of data sources into an Enterprise Client Data Warehouse leveraging Informatica and SQL
• Provide hands-on data integration development of data movement and transformations using Informatica Power Center.
• Designs and implements best practices including error checking, data quality, data lineage, and metadata management
• Work with other stakeholders to design, develop, install, and maintain data structures and applications to solve business problems.
Staff within the Information Technology department are required to consistently demonstrate the appropriate level of proficiency in the following competency areas:
- Change Advocate
- Communication & Understanding
- Accountability (for self and others)
- Achievement Orientation
- Personal Leadership
- Business Adeptness
- Client Orientation
- Project/Program Management
- Developing People
- Technical Leadership
• A proven track record of career progression and success.
• Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization in both verbal and written form.
• Willingness to continue to learn new technologies and to become an expert in all aspects of the business areas supported.
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Strategic and innovative thinker.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to provide technical and business guidance to technical and non-technical staff.
• Good communication skills and customer relationship skills.
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
• 3+ years of experience with SQL Development, preferably on a data warehouse initiative
• Experience with ETL tools (i.e. Informatica, SSIS, Datastage, etc.), preferably Informatica
• Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies, formal systems engineering life cycle (SELC), and systems development life cycle (SDLC).
• Experience with IBM Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, AWS DB stack, and/or Hadoop.
• Understanding of one or more data warehouse techniques, such as Kimball, Inmon, or Data Vault.
• Experience with Master Data Management (MDM) technologies
• Experience with Data Quality Tools, such as Informatica Data Quality Tools
• Experience working in a Financial Services firm specifically Asset Management.
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com