: Data Steward
: Kansas City, MO 64111
: 2-5 Year Consulting Engagement
: Commensurate with Experience
: Prefer W2 or 1099 (U.S. Citizens, Green Cards and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to engage in a Corp to Corp arrangement with any third parties and we are unable to sponsor or transfer visas)
Data Steward – essentially a technically strong hands on Data Manager that ensures the quality of the data, becomes familiar with the Data Lineage, where the data is coming from, who owns the data, what enterprise applications are generating data, what departments, is it internal or external 3rd party data, how do we ensure confidence in the quality of that data?
Understanding data structure, metadata and master data management. Stewards are responsible for looking for and correcting data errors, while working with the Data Governance Analysts to keep data models updated and relevant. It can be very tedious as an error checker so strong attention to detail is a must. Must have SQL experience. Informatica and/or DataStage would be helpful as well. This person will be responsible for process documentation, data mapping, cleansing, quality and integration of data, reference tables in metadata, talking to data owners, creating business rules, data issue management and resolution.
The primary role of the Data Steward
is to utilize Data Governance and Stewardship processes to
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure data quality and maintenance of client data housed in the data warehouse and data marts.
- Develop requirements and priorities for enhancements to the data warehouse.
- Become familiar with the data, and the related business functions and processes related to creation and maintenance of the data
- Ensure high levels of trust and confidence in our data.
- Maintain multiple cross-functional relationships.
- Works closely with the data governance team, internal team members, business partners, and other stakeholders to gain an understanding of our Client’s data needs and support our team’s response to those needs.
- Process Development and Documentation
- Data Stewardship – including Data Cleansing, Data Quality, Data Integration
- Metadata and Reference Data Management
- Data Issue Management and Resolution
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field or any equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience designing process improvements and high levels of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large quantities of data.
- Demonstrated understanding of operations and data structures
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven passion for the data quality discipline
- Finance, Accounting or related education preferred
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com