: Data Governance Analyst
: Kansas City, MO 64111
: 2-5 Year Consulting Engagement
: Commensurate with Experience
: Prefer W2 or 1099 (U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. We are unable to engage in a Corp to Corp arrangement with this client)
Data Governance Analyst – essentially someone strong in business analysis and a data process expert with a lot of background in facilitating requirements, talking with key stakeholders across all lines of business, strong communication and presentation skills. Listen to stakeholders needs and help hold IT accountable to deliver. The go to person for guidance for entire data process. Sr. level position because this person would need to be comfortable talking to C Level Execs, working with developers and crm (salesforce) professionals and well as end users to make sure data needs are being met. Strong understanding of data lineage, the data's origins, what happens to it and where it moves over time. Tracing errors back to the root cause in a data analytics process. Any expertise in Lineage tools a plus. They are using Data3Sixty for governance and creating the data definitions. Collibra as a governance platform tool which enables everyone across the business to find the data they need, understand its meaning, context, and lineage, and trust that it’s right. They use Adaptive for MetaData management.
Back end is mostly SQL, some DB2 and some Oracle.
The Data Governance Analyst
plays a key role in supporting data governance for the Client Operating Group. Responsibilities include assessing the client data requirements of the organization, with respect to its operations and processes, as well as providing input into the design and implementation of new systems that utilize client data. The Data Governance Analyst will learn and understand our data usage, helping to identify improvement opportunities. The Data Governance Analyst will be assigned a specific subject area within the scope of Client data, and will be required to become familiar with the data, and the related business functions and processes for that subject area, in order to identify, analyze, and resolve complex problems. The position requires an individual capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, while working on several projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate will learn our Client’s Data Governance approach and the related technologies and maintain multiple cross-functional relationships. The Data Governance Analyst works closely with internal team members, business partners, and other stakeholders to gain an understanding of our Client’s data needs and support our team’s response to those needs. Projects may include enterprise glossary and metadata management, reference/master data management, data quality, data classification, communications, business rule management, data analysis, technical research, training, and documentation. The individual that embraces critical questioning, innovation, continuous improvement; and that has strong interpersonal skills, consultation skills, client management skills, and analytical skills will be successful on the Data Governance team.
Data Governance and Data Stewardship:
- Apply business analysis techniques and data management best practices to solve challenging business scenarios
- Reinforce the concept of “data as an asset”
- Assist data stewards with data asset life cycle management
- Identify, design, and execute improvements to the effectiveness, efficiency, and flexibility of data governance processes
- Coach other data stewards in best practices
- Coordinate relationship with Data Stewards and Data Governance Office
- Communicate requirements and standards to data architects
Leverage Technology to Solve Business Problems:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information and document requirements
- Research business processes and data lineage
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Partner with internal stakeholders to determine data definitions, appropriate values, glossary terms, and usage.
- Identify data-related business problems, pain points, and root cause(s).
- Consult with internal subject matter experts across both business and technology to understand the data life cycle and factors that influence data structure
- Manage internally-facing, data-intensive products, including reference data, metadata, data quality results, etc.This can include prototyping new methods and workflows in these tools.
- Research upstream information systems, and the data they contain
- Work closely with Data Governance tool vendor on roadmap items for implementation and provide feedback to the vendor for additional enhancements that would benefit our Client’s use of the tool.
- Analyze business requirements and identify data elements and functionality to support them.
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience in related field.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in dynamic and changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Data Governance, Data Quality, and Data Lineage concepts is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven passion for data and data management
- Excellent business writing skills
- Proficiency with SQL is desired.
- Working knowledge of Metadata or Data Lineage tools, such as Collibra, Adaptive, Data3Sixty (governance), or other tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of Master Data Management processes and policies is a plus
- Working knowledge of project management concepts is a plus
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com