This IT position is responsible for supporting the day to day finance and business operations Premium Pet Food and Treat Manufacturing Company. Position outcomes are; analyzing and evaluating existing or proposed systems, producing requirements documents for various business development activities, training and supporting users, deploying new systems and enhancements. Responsibilities of the job include ensuring data integrity, participating in data quality control, and system/process validation. A cornerstone of this position includes working with business system users on how to efficiently utilize technology in supporting the business. Responsibilities are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. This position will report to the Director of Information and Technology.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Serve as functional lead on business system projects with the ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks, and ensuring accurate, timely, and on budget completion.
- Evaluate and analyze complex business needs for new or modified applications to determine feasibility, costs, time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Designs new technical solutions by analyzing requirements; constructing process workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Work with business function SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) to improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Assisting and working with senior management, subject matter experts and users to write and maintain user documentation; provide help desk support; train users.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Experience: 7-10 years direct experience in a manufacturing environment using business systems ERP software and supporting Finance business users. (Oracle JD Edwards is required)
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate technical data to employees outside of the IT department.
- Knowledge and application of computer programming techniques and principles of system analysis
- Knowledge of programming tools, database tools, and analysis software
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel overnight between locations 2-3 hours away